This healthy doggie birthday cake is not only delicious but super easy to make too! You just need seven ingredients: oats, baking powder, bananas, strawberries, vanilla, milk and yogurt to frost. Oats make an excellent source of fibre so great for dogs with digestive issues. Bananas and strawberries add a delicious juiciness to this cake whilst also rich in vitamins and antioxidants to help keep your dog healthy and happy.
- 200g oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 mashed bananas (ripe)
- 120g strawberries, sliced
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk (we use almond/coconut)
- Yogurt for frosting (dogs love coconut yogurt)
- To make the oat flour simply blend until it forms a fine powder.
- In a large bowl combine oat flour and baking powder.
- Mash together the mashed bananas, strawberries, vanilla, and milk.
- Then mix wet with dry ingredients.
- Pour into 3 x 4-6 inch round, greased cake pans and bake at 175 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Once cake has cooled cover with yogurt frosting and serve!