Healthy Christmas Kibble for Dogs – Homemade Doggie Pudding
Happy Christmas Soopa Friends.
I’m so excited to share this healthy Christmas Kibble recipe with you because it’s Soopa simple, loaded with nutrition and best of all dogs LOVE and devour every time!
It’s especially nice to be able to make something tasty but also healthy for your dog at Christmas so they can join in and enjoy the festive season too.
Turkey is great to use as it’s a highly digestible protein source for dogs but also low in fat compared to other meats.
Cranberry is packed with antioxidants, fibre and Vitamin C and excellent for dogs who are prone to urinary tract infections.
Brussels sprouts are loaded with vitamins, including vitamins K and C, which are good for a dog’s immune system and bone health.
Here’s to happy healthy dogs everywhere this Christmas!
- 1 kg turkey mince
- 2 x 80g pouches of Carrot & Pumpkin Topping
- Handful chopped dried cranberries
- 1/3 jug water
- 150g Brussels sprouts
- 1 x teaspoon Coconut oil
- Place turkey mince, Soopa toppings and dried cranberries into a processor and blend for one minute.
- Add water gradually and blend for a further two minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into a plastic zip bag and cut corner then pipe small kibble shapes onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Pop into the oven (180 C) and bake for 15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and leave cool.
- Chop brussels sprouts and gentle fry in coconut oil for 5 minutes then garnish and serve.
– Barbara & Lily